Intellectual Wellness means feeling stimulated and engaged with learning and staying open to new ideas and perspectives.
- Keep an open mind.
- Attend outside-of-the-classroom learning opportunities, like speakers and cultural events.
- Read books “for pleasure” and talk about them with friends or family.
- Take an unusual class or one outside of your major or main focus area.
- Subscribe to an interesting newspaper, magazine, or journal.
- Try mentally-stimulating activities–like sudoku, crossword puzzles, or chess!
- Be aware of current issues and events.
- Develop new skills, hobbies, and interests.
- Visit one of UM’s many museums.
←Back to What is wellness?