Originally posted in the Dean of Students Division of Student Affairs Website. Click here to view original article.
While you might be wearing green on St. Patrick’s Day, you can still choose to stay true and stay blue. Here are some tips for having a fun weekend, while choosing to be safe and legal. “Staying in the Blue” means keeping your blood alcohol content (BAC) at .06 or below. A reminder that there are a lot of students who choose not to drink, and they are always in the blue.
- Expect Respect: GIVE it and GET it. Behave with integrity and consideration for others.
- Plan a safe, sober way home before the celebrations begin.
- Avoid walking around with open containers. It is illegal to be on public property with open containers of alcohol.
- Eat food (with protein) prior to and during the festivities and alternate non- alcoholic beverages with alcoholic beverages.
- Measure your own drinks. Avoid shots. Pace yourself.
- If impaired: use a taxi, call a sober friend or use public transportation.
- If a drunk driver is spotted on the road, don’t hesitate to contact local law enforcement.
- Know the signs of an Alcohol Emergency and know what to do.
- Check out our Party Safe Tips.
- For more, go to: http://www.uhs.umich.edu/legal
Check out the original post here! http://deanofstudents.umich.edu/article/choose-be-safe-and-legal